Valencia Hotel Group Responsibilities
- Temperature checks. Points of entry will be limited, so management teams can use thermometers to conduct temperature checks of associates entering the hotel. Anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to step aside. A second screening will be done in a private area before asking the associate to return home. A manager will be assigned to ensure compliance. Associates will be scheduled at the same shift times and will need to call if they are tardy. Hand Sanitizer at employee entrance will be available.
- Physical distancing. People will be advised to stand at least six feet away from others not traveling with them, while waiting in line, using elevators and throughout the property. Restaurant tables and other layouts will be rearranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Hand sanitizer. Dispensers — touch-less whenever possible — will be placed at key guest and employee entrances, and other contact areas throughout the facilities.
- Front-of-house signage. Health and hygiene reminders will be placed throughout, including the proper way to wear, handle, and dispose of masks.
- Back-of-house signage. All employees will be reminded of proper mask protocol and hygiene measures, as well.
- Employee and guest health concerns: All employees have clear instructions on how to respond swiftly to any presumed cases of COVID-19 on property. They have also been instructed to report any symptomatic coworker or guests to a manager. All associates will be required to attend a mandatory training class before reporting back to work.
Team Member (Employee’s) Responsibilities
Valencia Hotel Group Team Members will use the following guidelines for an effective sanitation and health program.
- Hand Washing. Correct hygiene and frequent handwashing with soap is vital to help combat the spread of virus. All Valencia Hotel Group employees have been instructed to wash their hands, or use sanitizer when a sink is not available, every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
- COVID-19 Training. All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact, including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Public Area Department, Hotel Operations, and Security.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every front of the house associate entering the hotel will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask while on property. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping and public area attendants in direct contact with guests.
- Daily Pre-Shift & Timekeeping. Employee pre-shift meetings will be conducted virtually or in areas that allow for appropriate physical distancing between employees. Hand sanitizer will be available at each time clock location and employees will be required to sanitize their hands after clocking in. Our management team will ensure constant communication and proper PPE and sanitation procedures are followed and updated per the latest expert guidance.
- Physical Contact: Valencia Hotel Group will dis-allow handshake initiation with the guest. If guest extends a hand, it will be up to the associate on their interaction. If they do have physical touch, they will be encouraged to practice good hygiene. Employee to employee recommendation is also non-physical touch in phase one.